The Sorensen™ SGX Series is the next generation of our successful SG Series of programmable DC power supplies. Like the SG Series, the SGX Series has exceptional load transient response, very low noise, and high power density. What sets the SGX Series apart is the new touch screen display. This new feature makes the Sorensen SG Series of programmable DC power supplies even easier to use.
Users can quickly and expertly control the DC supply with the intuitive touch screen display. The touch screen function group icons include a Dashboard, Output Programming Parameters, Measurements, Sequencing, Configuration, Control Interfaces, Applications, and System Settings. Function selection and parameter entry can be achieved either by direct selection from the touch screen or by using the encoder selector button. The control resolution is adjusted by a dynamic rate change algorithm that combines the benefits of precise control over small parameter changes with quick sweeps through the entire range.
In addition to the intuitive touch screen display, the SGX Series offers test system builders a variety of features and options designed to simplify system configuration and testing processes:
- Output power up to 15 kW in 3U and 30 kW in 6U: At the heart of the SGX is a 5 kW power module. Depending on the output voltage, one to six modules can be configured in a single chassis to deliver 5 kW to 30 kW of power.
- Easily parallel chassis for up to 150 kW: Up to five units can be operated in parallel to provide additional current output. Paralleled units operate like one single supply providing the total system current.
- Automatic crossover from constant voltage to constant current operation.
- Fast load transient response: The supply recovers within 1ms to ±0.75% of full scale of steady state output for a 50% to 100% or 100% to 50% load.
- Power factor > 0.9 typical: Power factor correction (PFC) comes standard in 10V, 15V, 20V, 30V, 50V, and 1000V models. PFC is available as an option in all other models.
- Standard RS232 and LXI Ethernet: Optional IEEE-488.2 GPIB and isolated analog I/O interfaces available.
- Blank panel (no display) versions available for slave units: The blank panel version protects ATE from manual or accidental parameter changes.
- Onboard intelligent controls enable sophisticated sequencing, constant power mode and save/recall of instrument settings. Additionally, looping of sequences makes the SGX ideal for repetitive testing.
Applications for the SGX Series are wide ranging, including rack-mount ATE, product validation, process control, burn-in, materials research, battery charging, water treatment, electrolysis, accelerator magnet drive, and power electronics testing among others.
The popular Sorensen SG product family; now at 96 models, is one of the industry’s largest DC power supply families. The SGX product line complies with all EMI and EMC Safety requirements as well as EU RoHS directives.
For more information on the SGX Series or any other programmable power supplies and programmable loads, contact an authorized AMETEK Programmable Power sales representative. AMETEK Programmable Power also can be contacted directly toll free at 800-733-5427 or 858-450-0085 or at email@example.com.