The Sorensen DLM 600 Series of programmable power supplies is designed to provide continuously variable output voltage and current for a broad range of applications in a compact 1U (1.75 inches) high, half-rack (8.5 inch) wide chassis. The DLM 600 power supply series is ideal for high density, multiple output, rack-mount applications or low profile benchtop applications. Output voltages from 0-5 VDC to 0-300 VDC and currents from 0-2 A to 0-75 A are available.
Here are some of the most frequently-asked questions about this power supply line:
1. What is the AC input voltage of the DLM600 series of power supplies?
The DLM600 power supply uses an automatic input voltage selector and will operate between 90 to 132VAC or 180-264VAC single phase.
2. Can the DLM600 series of power supplies be operated in parallel?
Yes, these supplies can be operated in parallel using the DLMP1 paralleling cable. The Master unit must have the set-up switch position –2 set (Master/Slave) set to OFF (down) and the Slave unit must have the set-up switch position –2 set to the ON (up) position.
3. Can we install the GPIB (IEEE-488) interface option after purchase?
Yes, however because of some special equipment required to complete the alignment process, it is recommended that this option be installed at the factory.
4. Can we install the Ethernet interface option after purchase?
Yes, however because of some special equipment required to complete the alignment process it is recommended that this option be installed at the factory.
5. We need isolated analog controls to safely operate the DLM600 power supply. Is there such an interface available?
Yes, we do offer an isolated analog interface for controlling the power supply and reading back the output monitor signals.
6. Can the DLM600 powers supplies be connected in series for higher output voltages?
Yes, the DLM600 supplies can be connected in series. To use the remote analog control and readback capabilities, however, the Isolated Analog interface option is required.
7. Can the DLM600 be used to test motors?
Yes, but to test inductive loads, such as a motor, a blocking diode and a freewheeling diode on the output are recommended.
8. Can the DLM600 power supply be used to charge batteries?
Yes, but a blocking diode on the output of the supply is required to prevent damage to the supply if it shuts off while connected to a battery.
9. Can the DLM600 Series power supply be remotely programmed?
Yes, the standard unit offers remote analog programming capabilities using 0 to 5 volt or 0 – 10 volt signals. Refer to the operators’ manual on the CD supplied with the supply or download a copy from our website.
10. Can the DLM600 series be rack mounted?
Yes, the DLM600 can be rack mounted using the rack mount option kit. Please request this option when ordering the supply or contact AMETEK Programmable Power sales for ordering this kit for supplies you have already.
11. Is technical support available for this product?
You can contact AMETEK Programmable Power for sales and technical support for any of our products by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 800-733-5427. When calling, please have the full model number and serial number as printed on the unit’s ID label (not on the unit’s faceplate). The numbers on the ID label indicate options and/or modifications that may have been installed on the supply; without this information there may be a delay or a wrong answer in obtaining technical assistance.